– The Norfolk Admirals used three straight victories in the opening four games of their road trip to vault to first place in the American Hockey League. Their trip concludes this weekend after road games Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Norfolk's longest road trip of the season began on October 23 with a 3-1 setback to the Charlotte Checkers
. The Admirals then began a three-game winning streak with a 5-4 shootout victory over the Phantoms
at Adirondack on Wednesday. On Friday, four different scorers found the back of the net as the Admirals topped the Providence Bruins, 4-2
. Norfolk then used six different goal scorers on Saturday to upend the Syracuse Crunch, 6-2
The seven-game road trip concludes this weekend with games at Albany Friday, at Bridgeport Saturday and at Providence Sunday.
At 7-2-0-1 (15 points), the Admirals are in first place in the American Hockey League's East Division and are tied for first place in both the Eastern Conference and the entire American Hockey League. The Hershey Bears (6-2-2-0, 14 points) trail Norfolk by one point while the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (5-2-1-1, 12 points), Binghamton Senators (5-4-1-0, 11 points) and Syracuse Crunch (4-3-1-1, 10 points) round out the East Division. Click here for complete AHL standings
THE ADMIRALS’ WEEK AHEAD
Fri., Nov. 4 … at Albany Devils (New Jersey Devils) … 7:00 p.m.
Sat., Nov. 5 … at Bridgeport Sound Tigers (New York Islanders) … 7:00 p.m.
Sun., Nov. 6 … at Providence Bruins (Boston Bruins) … 4:05 p.m.
ADMIRALS VALUE NIGHTS
- Norfolk's 7-2-0-1 start (15 points) is the third-best start through ten games in AHL Admirals history, trailing only the 2006-07 (8-0-1-1, 18 points) and 2002-03 (7-0-1-2, 17 points) seasons.
- The Admirals continue to lead the AHL in offense with an average of 4.6 goals per game.
- Norfolk's 46 goals in its first ten games of the season are the second-highest goal total in any ten-game stretch in AHL Admirals history, trailing only the 47 goals Norfolk scored in ten games from December 15, 2006 to January 3, 2007.
- Ironically, the third-highest goal total in any ten-game stretch in AHL Admirals history was the 44 goals scored in the first ten games of last season.
- Norfolk's power play ranks second in the AHL (14/45, 30.1%).
- On Wednesday, Carter Ashton was named the Reebok/AHL Rookie of the Month. Ashton led the AHL with nine goals in October 2011 while leading all rookie scorers with 13 points in ten games.
- Ashton becomes the sixth Admiral to win the Rookie of the Month honor, joining Troy Brouwer (March 2007), David Bolland (February 2007), Rene Bourque (January 2005), Michael Leighton (March 2002) and Tyler Arnason (December 2001).
- Ashton has scored the first goal of the game in five of ten games this season.
- Trevor Smith now leads the Admirals with 14 points and a plus-10 rating. Smith leads the AHL in plus/minus and is tied for fifth in the league in scoring.
- Mark Barberio (2g, 9a, 11pts) continues to lead the AHL in scoring by a defenseman.
- Former Admirals defenseman Marc-Andre Bergeron is tied for the NHL lead in scoring by a defenseman. Bergeron has recorded 13 points (2g, 11a) in 12 games for the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Norfolk will face the following former Admirals this week: Jay Leach (Albany Devils), Rick Kowalsky (Albany Devils Head Coach), Ty Wishart (Bridgeport) and Trent Whitfield (Providence).
The Norfolk Admirals return to Scope on Wednesday, November 9, to face off against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins in the first Weekday Value Night of the 2011-12 season. The game will feature the first Family Fun Packs
and Student Rush Nights
of the season.
Family Fun Packs include four discounted Red Level Tickets for just $48 plus four free hot dogs, four free popcorns and four free sodas. Fans get all of that for just $48 – that’s a savings of $37!
Student Rush Nights provide $8 White Level Tickets (normally $12) for high school and college students with a valid current high school or college ID. In addition, when you buy a Student Rush Night Ticket, you get a buy-one, get-one free offer for the next Student Rush Night.
Family Fun Packs are available at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 or online at Ticketmaster.com. Student Rush Night Tickets are available ONLY at the Scope Box Office after 2:00 p.m. on the day of the game.
EXCLUSIVE KIDS CLUB LOCKER ROOM TOUR
Hey Admirals 5 Star Kids Club members – don't miss out on an exclusive opportunity to tour the Admirals locker room on Wednesday, November 9! For only $8 per ticket, Admirals 5 Star Kids Club members and their families will get an exclusive pre-game tour of the Norfolk Admirals locker room and get a ticket to watch the Admirals battle the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.
Only a few spots remain and registration closes tomorrow (Friday, November 4) at 5:00 p.m., so as soon as possible.
To order tickets and reserve your spot, call Dana DeFilippo at (757) 640-1212 ext. 11 or email email@example.com
Not an Admirals 5-Star Kids Club Member? Register today! Simply click here to register
FOODBANK OF SOUTHEASTERN VIRGINIA FOOD DRIVE AND TICKET OFFER
Join us on Wednesday, November 9, for Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia Food Drive Night, as your Norfolk Admirals battle their East Division Rivals, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, at 7:15 p.m. at Norfolk Scope Arena.
Through this special offer, you can purchase Red Level tickets for the 11/09 game for just $10! If you were to buy these tickets at the Scope Box Office on game night, they'd be $17.50 - you save 31%! Plus, a portion of ticket sales benefit the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia.
But wait – there's more. For every non-perishable food item you donate at the game, you will receive a raffle ticket. We will hold a raffle drawing at the game and you could win autographed Admirals memorabilia!
Hurry - this ticket special offer is only good online at norfolkadmirals.com/groups and is only available through 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 8.
We look forward to seeing you at Scope on November 9 for Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia Food Drive Night!
Goals: Carter Ashton
Assists: Mark Barberio
, Trevor Smith
Points: Trevor Smith
PP goals: Carter Ashton
SH Goals: Tyler Johnson
+/- Rating: Trevor Smith
PIM: Carter Ashton
GAA: Jaroslav Janus
Spct: Jaroslav Janus
Wins: Jaroslav Janus
Losses: Dustin Tokarski
GPl: Jaroslav Janus
Minutes: Jaroslav Janus
Goals: Matt Anderson
, Mike Sislo
, Joe Whitney
, Steve Zalewski
Assists: Matthew Corrente
, Stephane Veilleux
Points: Matt Anderson
, Matthew Corrente
, Joe Whitney
PP goals: Matt Anderson
, Eric Gelinas
+/- Rating: J.S. Berube
, Matthew Corrente
, Dan Kelly
PIM: Tim Sestito
GAA: Maxime Clermont
Spct: Maxime Clermont
Wins: Jeff Frazee
Losses: Jeff Frazee
GPI: Jeff Frazee
Minutes: Jeff Frazee
Goals: Justin DiBenedetto
Assists: Casey Cizikas
Points: Justin DiBenedetto
PP goals: Justin DiBenedetto
+/- Rating: Casey Cizikas
PIM: Micheal Haley
GAA: Mikko Koskinen
Spct: Mikko Koskinen
Wins: Anders Nilsson
Losses: Kevin Poulin
GPI: Kevin Poulin
Minutes: Kevin Poulin
Goals: Zach Hamill
Assists: Carter Camper
Points: Zach Hamill
PP goals: Carter Camper
, Josh Hennessy
SH Goals: Stefan Chaput
+/- Rating: Andrew Bodnarchuk
, Stefan Chaput
, Kevan Miller
PIM: Lane MacDermid
GAA: Michael Hutchinson
Spct: Karel St. Laurent
Wins: Anton Khudobin
Losses: Anton Khudobin
GPI: Anton Khudobin
Minutes: Anton Khudobin
TRANSACTIONS OF THE PAST WEEK
Individual tickets are now on sale for all Admirals regular season home games at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
Don’t miss a minute of Admirals action by purchasing your 2011-12 season tickets or 10-packs today. Stop by the Admirals’ Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com
anytime for more details or to purchase your tickets!
ON THE RADIO/INTERNET
All regular season games will air live on "The Game" 102.1-FM, 1490-AM and online at 1021TheGame.com
. AHL Live will also carry online video of every Admirals game on a pay-per-view or season pass basis. Fans can log in to watch, listen or get more information about AHL Live’s online audio and video features at ahllive.com