– After opening a six-game homestand last week by winning two of three games, the Admirals will wrap up the homestand this week with games on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday nights at Scope.
Last week, the Admirals opened the homestand with a 6-3 setback against Charlotte
on Wednesday night. After celebrating Thanksgiving on Thursday, they earned back-to-back wins against the Providence Bruins. Pierre-Cedric Labrie
had a goal and an assist and Blair Jones
scored a goal in his return to the Admirals as Norfolk defeated Providence, 5-1
, on Friday. The following night, Richard Panik
and James Wright
scored third period goals to secure a 3-2 victory
against the Bruins.
The Admirals host the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins tomorrow night and the Adirondack Phantoms on Friday and Saturday nights to close out the homestand. Tomorrow's game is another Admirals Value Night with Family Fun Packs and Student Rush Night tickets available. Friday night's game is The Salvation Army's Admirals Fundraiser and Love for Lokomotiv Night. Saturday's game is Pucks 'n' Paws Night to benefit local SPCAs. More details can be found below.
At 12-8-0-1 (25 points), the Admirals are in second place in the American Hockey League's East Division and remain tied for fourth in the Eastern Conference. The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (11-5-1-4) are alone atop the East division with 27 points. The Hershey Bears (9-5-3-2) trail Norfolk by two points while the Syracuse Crunch (9-6-2-1) are four behind Norfolk with 21 points. The Binghamton Senators (7-12-1-1, 16 points) round out the East Division. Click here for complete AHL standings
THE ADMIRALS’ WEEK AHEAD
Tues., Nov. 29 … vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (Pittsburgh Penguins) … 7:15 p.m. | GET TICKETS
Fri., Dec. 2 … vs. Adirondack Phantoms (Philadelphia Flyers) … 7:30 p.m. | GET TICKETS
Sat., Dec. 3 … vs. Adirondack Phantoms (Philadelphia Flyers) … 7:15 p.m. | GET TICKETS
THIS WEEK ON THE ADMIRALS HOUR RADIO SHOW, PRESENTED BY MICHAEL AND SON
- Earlier today, the Tampa Bay Lightning signed former Admirals forward Dana Tyrell to a two-year, one-way contract extension, which begins next season. Tyrell was recalled from the Admirals last week after posting four goals and nine points in 18 games with Norfolk.
- Goaltender Dustin Tokarski is 6-4-0 with a 1.82 goals-against average and .927 save percentage since October 15 at Hershey.
- The Admirals are 8-2-0-0 when scoring the first goal of the game this season.
- Norfolk swept the four-game season series against Providence – the first sweep of a season series against any opponent by the Admirals since a four-game sweep of the Lowell Devils during the 2006-07 season.
- Tokarski won all four games in the season series against Providence, posting a 1.25 goals-against average and .952 save percentage.
- Pierre-Cedric Labrie notched points in all four games against the Bruins, leading the team with six points (3G, 3A).
- Rookie forward Cory Conacher's nine-game point streak (6g, 5a) ended on Saturday night one game shy of the AHL Admirals record for a point streak by a rookie. It is the longest point streak by a Norfolk player this season and was one game shy of the longest point streak in the AHL this season.
- Prior to recording the game-winning goal and an assist on Saturday night vs. Providence, James Wright's last regular season goal came March 18, 2011, against the Albany Devils at Scope (33 games). Wright had scored in the final game of the 2011 playoffs – Game 6 of the 2011 East Division Semifinals on April 23 at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
- Wright also had not recorded a point since October 14, 2011 against Hershey at Scope until his assist on Richard Panik's go-ahead goal in the third period, going 17 games without a point.
- This week's games feature the return of two former Norfolk captains to Scope, as Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's Ryan Craig (Norfolk captain in 2009-10) and Adirondack's Dan Jancevski (Norfolk captain in 2007-08) come to town.
- AHL Admirals all-time leading goaltender and current Phantom Michael Leighton will return to Scope on Friday and Saturday nights. In 147 career games with Norfolk from 2001-02 – 2004-05, Leighton posted a 75-52-3 record with 14 ties to go along with a 2.16 goals-against average, .919 save percentage and 18 shutouts. Leighton is 8-5-0 with a 2.51 goals-against average and .917 save percentage this season with the Phantoms.
Tune in to the Admirals Hour, Presented by Michael and Son,
, tomorrow afternoon at 4:00 p.m. on "The Game" 102.1-FM, 1490-AM and 1021TheGame.com. "The Voice of the Admirals
" Pete Michaud
will host the show. This week's guests are to be announced. If you have questions for the show, dial (757) 490-2750.
ADMIRALS VALUE NIGHTS
The Admirals and Penguins square off once again tomorrow night. The puck drops at 7:15 p.m. in another Admirals Value Night including Family Fun Packs and Student Rush Night tickets.
Family Fun Packs
include four discounted Red Level Tickets for just $48 plus four free hot dogs, four free popcorns and four free sodas. Fans get all of that for just $48 – that’s a savings of $37!
Student Rush Nights
provide $8 White Level Tickets (normally $12) for high school and college students with a valid current high school or college ID. In addition, when you buy a Student Rush Night Ticket, you get a buy-one, get-one free offer for the next Student Rush Night.
Family Fun Packs are available at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 or online at Ticketmaster.com. Student Rush Night Tickets are available ONLY at the Scope Box Office after 2:00 p.m. on the day of the game.
THE SALVATION ARMY ADMIRALS FUNDRAISER
Join us on Friday for The Salvation Army Admirals Fundraiser
as the Admirals play the Adirondack Phantoms at 7:30 p.m.
Red Level tickets for this game are available for just $10 through this special deal. If you were to buy these tickets at the Scope Box Office on game night, they'd be $17.50 - you save 43%! Plus, proceeds benefit The Salvation Army.
This special offer is only good online at norfolkadmirals.com/groups and is only available through Wednesday, November 30. The page will automatically expire at that time.
To take advantage of this special offer, please visit norfolkadmirals.com/groups and enter the promo code SALARMY2011
LOVE FOR LOKOMOTIV NIGHT
On September 7, 2011, 44 lives were lost in the worst tragedy in professional hockey history when a plane carrying the Russian KHL Lokomotiv Yaroslavl hockey team went down shortly after take-off. In a united effort to show support for the grieving families, hockey wives and girlfriends from around the world have created Love For Lokomotiv in hopes to raise money for our dear friends.
On Friday, the Admirals wives and girlfriends will be selling red silicone Love for Lokomotiv
bracelets on the concourse one hour before the puck drop and during intermissions. The price is $10 each with all proceeds going back to the foundation.
Our hockey community is a very close-knit group. Although fans might not know these victims, they each hold a special place in our hearts, especially as we remember former Admiral Igor Korolev who lost his life on that terrible day. We encourage all of you who can to participate in making a donation to help this great cause.
PUCKS 'N' PAWS NIGHT
Join us for Pucks 'n' Paws Night
on Saturday, as the Admirals take on the Adirondack Phantoms at 7:15 p.m..
Fundraising tickets to support the Norfolk and Virginia Beach SPCAs are available. These Red Level tickets are available for just $10 for humans and $12 for humans who are bringing dogs to the game. Fans are welcome to bring their medium or small-sized dogs (35 pounds or less) to the game. Patrons bringing their dogs to the game will be seated in Section 205.
This special offer is only good online at norfolkadmirals.com/groups
and is only available through Thursday, December 1. The page will automatically expire at that time.
Fans can also support area SPCAs by purchasing limited-edition tee shirts featuring Pierre-Cedric Labrie
and Radko Gudas
with their four-legged friends Stella and Bogie.
In addition, the Admirals will give away trading cards featuring Labrie, Gudas, Stella and Bogie on the front and information about the SPCA's efforts on the back.
To take advantage of this special offer, please visit norfolkadmirals.com/groups, select either the Norfolk or Virginia Beach SPCA and enter the promo code NORSPCA11 for the Norfolk SPCA or VBSPCA11 for the Virginia Beach SPCA.
Goals: Carter Ashton
Assists: Mark Barberio
, Cory Conacher
, Trevor Smith
Points: Cory Conacher
PP goals: Carter Ashton
, Cory Conacher
SH Goals: Radko Gudas
, Tyler Johnson
, J.T. Wyman
+/- Rating: Pierre-Cedric Labrie
PIM: Mike Angelidis
GAA: Dustin Tokarski
Spct: Dustin Tokarski
Wins: Dustin Tokarski
Losses: Dustin Tokarski
GPl: Dustin Tokarski
Minutes: Dustin Tokarski
Goals: Bryan Lerg
Assists: Colin McDonald
Points: Bryan Lerg
, Colin McDonald
Games: Simon Despres
, Bryan Lerg
, Joey Mormina
PP goals: Ben Street
, Geoff Walker
SH Goals: Bryan Lerg
+/- Rating: Bryan Lerg
, Alexandre Picard
, Philip Samuelsson
PIM: Joey Mormina
GAA: Scott Munroe
Spct: Brad Thiessen
Wins: Brad Thiessen
Losses: Brad Thiessen
GPI: Brad Thiessen
Minutes: Brad Thiessen
Goals: Denis Hamel
Assists: Garrett Roe
Points: Denis Hamel
Games: Jason Akeson
, Denis Hamel
, Garrett Roe
PP goals: Denis Hamel
, Harry Zolnierczyk
SH Goals: Jonathon Kalinski
+/- Rating: Garrett Roe
PIM: Tom Sestito
GAA: Michael Leighton
Spct: Michael Leighton
Wins: Michael Leighton
Losses: Michael Leighton
GPI: Michael Leighton
Minutes: Michael Leighton
TRANSACTIONS OF THE PAST WEEK
November 23, 2011
: DELETE RW Dana Tyrell
– Recalled from loan by Tampa Bay (NHL)
November 24, 2011
: ADD C Blair Jones
– Loaned from Tampa Bay (NHL)
Individual tickets are now on sale for all Admirals regular season home games at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
Don’t miss a minute of Admirals action by purchasing your 2011-12 season tickets or 10-packs today. Stop by the Admirals’ Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com
anytime for more details or to purchase your tickets!
ON THE RADIO/INTERNET
All regular season games will air live on "The Game" 102.1-FM, 1490-AM and online at 1021TheGame.com
. AHL Live will also carry online video of every Admirals game on a pay-per-view or season pass basis. Fans can log in to watch, listen or get more information about AHL Live’s online audio and video features at ahllive.com