– Fresh off their holiday break, the Norfolk Admirals will return to Scope to host the Bridgeport Sound Tigers this week on Wednesday and Friday at Scope before winding down the calendar year in Hershey.
The Admirals last hit the ice two weeks ago with a three-game stretch from December 16-18. Norfolk opened the stretch with a thrilling matchup against the Hershey Bears on December 16 in front of a season-high crowd of 6,246 fans at Scope. The Admirals nearly erased a two-goal deficit in the third period, but ultimately fell to the Bears, 4-3
. Norfolk then traveled north to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, where 12 different players recorded points in a 5-2 win over the Penguins
. The following night, the Admirals once again entered the third period trailing the Bears by two goals. However, they scored five unanswered goals to defeat Hershey, 6-3
The Admirals return to Scope this week for matchups against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on Wednesday and Friday nights. They then return to Hershey on New Year's Eve for another showdown against the Bears.
At 18-11-0-1 (37 points), the Admirals are tied with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (16-9-1-4) for second place in the AHL's East Division and for fifth place in the Eastern Conference. The Hershey Bears (17-8-3-2, 39 points) lead the division. The Syracuse Crunch (12-13-2-1, 27 points) and Binghamton Senators (12-19-1-1, 26 points) round out the East Division. Click here for complete AHL standings
THE ADMIRALS’ WEEK AHEAD
Wed., Dec. 28 … vs. Bridgeport Sound Tigers (New York Islanders) … 7:15 p.m. | GET TICKETS
Fri., Dec. 30 … vs. Bridgeport Sound Tigers (New York Islanders) … 7:30 p.m. | GET TICKETS
Sat., Dec. 31 … at Hershey Bears (Washington Capitals) … 6:00 p.m.
ADMIRALS VALUE NIGHTS
- Norfolk has won eight of its last 11 games.
- The crowd of 6,246 fans at Scope on December 16 vs. Hershey was the highest attendance for any AHL Admirals game played prior to the turn of the calendar year (October, November or December) since 2000.
- Norfolk has won five of 15 games this season when they were trailing entering the third period.
- The Admirals lead the AHL with 44 goals in the third period. Norfolk has out-scored its opponents, 44-24, in the third period this season.
- The Admirals are 11-2-0-0 when scoring first. Norfolk's 0.846 winning percentage when scoring the first goal of the game is tied for third in the AHL.
- A rookie has scored a goal in 28 of Norfolk's first 30 games this season – including each of the last 19 games.
- Rookie Philip-Michael Devos recorded his first career AHL goal and added two assists for first star honors on December 18 in Hershey. His goal tied the game at 3-3 after the Admirals entered the third period trailing, 3-1.
- Mark Barberio leads all AHL defensemen in scoring and is tied for the overall AHL lead in plus/minus. Barberio has recorded three goals and 26 points with a plus-19 rating in 28 games this season.
- Barberio (T-14th) joins Trevor Smith (37 points, T-3rd) and Cory Conacher (35 points, 6th) in the top 15 of AHL scoring.
- Conacher now leads the entire AHL in goals (18) and remains the AHL's leading rookie scorer.
- Smith's goal on December 18 in Hershey was his fourth game-winning goal of the season, tying him for the overall AHL lead.
- The goal also extended Smith's point streak to six-games (4G, 8A).
- After going 28 games without a point, both Norfolk goaltenders recorded assists this weekend. Dustin Tokarski posted an assist on Tyler Johnson's second period goal on December 17 in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Jaroslav Janus assisted on J.T. Wyman's third period goal on December 18 in Hershey.
- Defenseman Scott Jackson recorded just the second multiple-point game in his AHL career on December 17 in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton with two assists. His last multiple-point AHL game came on January 3, 2009, with the Admirals at Portland (also two assists).
- The Admirals and Bears have scored 48 goals in five meetings between the teams this season.
- On December 19, the Tampa Bay Lightning recalled forward J.T. Wyman from the Admirals. Wyman made his Lightning debut last Friday in Colorado, posting two shots.
The Admirals return to Scope on Wednesday to face off against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers in another Weekday Value Night. The game will once again feature Family Fun Packs and Student Rush Nights.
Family Fun Packs
include four discounted Red Level Tickets for just $48 plus four free hot dogs, four free popcorns and four free sodas. Fans get all of that for just $48 – that’s a savings of $37!
Student Rush Nights
provide $8 White Level Tickets (normally $12) for high school and college students with a valid current high school or college ID. In addition, when you buy a Student Rush Night Ticket, you get a buy-one, get-one free offer for the next Student Rush Night.
Family Fun Packs are available at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 or online at Ticketmaster.com. Student Rush Night Tickets are available ONLY at the Scope Box Office after 2:00 p.m. on the day of the game.
POST-GAME SKATE WITH THE ADMIRALS
Also on Wednesday, the Admirals will hold their third post-game skate
of the season where fans can skate at Scope with their favorite Admirals following the game. A limited number of skates will be available or fans may bring their own skates.
ADMIRALS TRADING CARD GIVEAWAY – SET TWO
On Friday, the Admirals and Sound Tigers will square off again. The first 2,000 fans through the gates will receive the second set of 2011-12 Admirals trading cards
HOLIDAY GIFT BAGS
Give the gift of Admirals hockey this holiday season with Admirals Holiday Gift Bags. All Admiral Holiday Gift Bags include an Admirals Reebok cap, an Admirals holiday puck and an Admirals pen. Fans then complete their gift bag with one of the following:
- Four White Level Vouchers ($50)
- White Level 10-Pack ($130)
- Red Level 10-Pack ($150)
- Gold Level 10-Pack ($180)
Admirals 10-Packs offer a flexible and affordable way to watch Admirals hockey at Scope. 10-Packs consist of ten undated ticket vouchers at $1 off the gate price. These vouchers may be redeemed at the Scope Box Office anytime for tickets to any 2010-11 Admirals regular season home game.
Click here to visit the Admirals merchandise page
You can use all ten vouchers for ten tickets to one game, spread them out for a single ticket over ten different games, or anywhere in-between. Plus, there are no ticket fees and you save $10 over the life of the ten pack off the regular ticket price.
10-Pack vouchers may be exchanged for game tickets as far in advance as you like. So if you have a list of games you know you will attend, take the 10-Pack vouchers to the Scope Box Office today and redeem them for the seats of your choice (based upon availability) for the games of your choice.
Limited Admirals Holiday Gift Bags are available, so get yours today. You can purchase them at the Admirals Center Ice Souvenir Stand during Admirals games, via phone at (757) 640-1212 or online at the merchandise page on norfolkadmirals.com.
Goals: Cory Conacher
Assists: Mark Barberio
Points: Trevor Smith
Games: Carter Ashton
, Trevor Smith
PP goals: Cory Conacher
SH Goals: J.T. Wyman
+/- Rating: Mark Barberio
PIM: Pierre-Cedric Labrie
GAA: Dustin Tokarski
Spct: Dustin Tokarski
Wins: Dustin Tokarski
Losses: Dustin Tokarski
GPl: Dustin Tokarski
Minutes: Dustin Tokarski
Goals: David Ullstrom
Assists: Casey Cizikas
Points: Tim Wallace
Games: Casey Cizikas
, Tomas Marcinko
, Aaron Ness
, Ty Wishart
PP goals: Jeremy Colliton
SH Goals: Tomas Marcinko
, Tim Wallace
+/- Rating: Casey Cizikas
PIM: Brett Gallant
GAA: Anders Nilsson
Spct: Anders Nilsson
Wins: Kevin Poulin
Losses: Kevin Poulin
GPI: Kevin Poulin
Minutes: Kevin Poulin
Goals: Chris Bourque
Assists: Keith Aucoin
Points: Keith Aucoin
Games: Keith Aucoin
, Chris Bourque
, Christian Hanson
, Jacob Micflikier
PP goals: Graham Mink
SH Goals: Chris Bourque
+/- Rating: Boyd Kane
PIM: Joel Rechlicz
GAA: Dany Sabourin
Spct: Dany Sabourin
Wins: Braden Holtby
Losses: Braden Holtby
GPI: Braden Holtby
Minutes: Braden Holtby
TRANSACTIONS OF THE PAST WEEK
December 20, 2011
DELETE C Philip-Michael Devos
- Returned on loan to Florida (ECHL)
December 23, 2011
ADD D Evan Oberg
– Returned on loan by Tampa Bay (NHL)
December 26, 2011
ADD C Philip-Michael Devos
- Recalled from loan to Florida (ECHL)
Individual tickets are now on sale for all Admirals regular season home games at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
Don’t miss a minute of Admirals action by purchasing your 2011-12 season tickets or 10-packs today. Stop by the Admirals’ Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com
anytime for more details or to purchase your tickets!
ON THE RADIO/INTERNET
All regular season games will air live on "The Game" 102.1-FM, 1490-AM and online at 1021TheGame.com
. AHL Live will also carry online video of every Admirals game on a pay-per-view or season pass basis. Fans can log in to watch, listen or get more information about AHL Live’s online audio and video features at ahllive.com