– The Norfolk Admirals will look to rebound from back-to-back home losses this week as they conclude a five-game homestand with games on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday at Scope.
The Admirals began last week’s action with a 5-1 victory
over the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on the road, as newly-minted AHL All-Stars Cory Conacher
and Trevor Smith
each recorded three points. Norfolk returned to Scope on Friday night, and saw a 4-0 lead evaporate in the third period as they fell to the Albany Devils in overtime, 5-4
. The same teams met again at Scope on Saturday night, with the Admirals falling to the Devils, 3-1
The Admirals will host the Penguins at Scope on Tuesday evening before welcoming the Connecticut Whale to Norfolk on Friday and Saturday nights. Tuesday’s game against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton is another Admirals Value Night, featuring Family Fun Packs and Student Rush Night tickets. Saturday night’s game is the fifth-annual Pink in the Rink to benefit the Tidewater affiliate of Susan G. Komen For the Cure.
At 21-12-1-2 (45 points), the Admirals are in second place in the AHL’s East Division and fourth place in the Eastern Conference. The Hershey Bears (21-8-4-3, 49 points) lead the Admirals by four points for the division lead. The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (19-12-3-1, 43 points) trail the Admirals by two points for second place. The Syracuse Crunch (15-15-3-1) and Binghamton Senators (16-21-1-1) are tied for fourth place with 34 points each. Click here for complete AHL standings
THE ADMIRALS’ WEEK AHEAD
Tues., Jan. 10 … vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (Pittsburgh Penguins) … 7:15 p.m. | GET TICKETS
Fri., Jan 13 … vs. Connecticut Whale (New York Rangers) … 7:30 p.m. | GET TICKETS
Sat., Jan 14 … vs. Connecticut Whale (New York Rangers) … 7:15 p.m. | GET TICKETS
THIS WEEK ON THE ADMIRALS HOUR RADIO SHOW, PRESENTED BY MICHAEL AND SON
- Last week the American Hockey League announced that Norfolk Admirals players Mark Barberio, Cory Conacher and Trevor Smith have been named to the Eastern Conference All-Star roster for the 2012 AHL All-Star Classic, to take place Jan. 29-30 at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, N.J.
- This is the first AHL All-Star selection for all three players.
- Norfolk's three AHL all-star selections are tied for the most in the AHL and are the second-most in team history.
- Norfolk saw a streak of seven consecutive games where they were undefeated in regulation (5-0-1-1) snapped in Saturday's 3-1 loss to Albany at Scope.
- Norfolk is 4-1-0-0 against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton this season. With a win on Tuesday against the Penguins at Scope, the Admirals would have a five-win season against their East Division rivals for just the third time in franchise history.
- Trevor Smith leads the Admirals with 11 points (1G, 10A) and Cory Conacher leads the Admirals with eight goals in five games against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton this season.
- Norfolk Goaltender Dustin Tokarski has played every minute of the season series against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton in 2011-12, going 4-1-0 with a 2.21 goals-against average and .902 save percentage.
- Forward Pierre-Cedric Labrie made his NHL debut in the Tampa Bay Lightning's 3-1 loss at Montréal on Saturday night.
- Defenseman Evan Oberg, who arrived at Scope a half hour before puck drop on Friday night, scored his first goal as an Admiral in Norfolk's 5-4 overtime setback to Albany.
- Richard Panik has points in four consecutive games (2G, 3A).
- Trevor Smith is on a five-game point streak (1G, 6A) and has points in 11 of his last 12 games (6G, 14A).
Tune in to the Admirals Hour, Presented by Michael and Son,
, on Tuesday afternoon at 4:00 p.m. on "The Game" 102.1-FM, 1490-AM and 1021TheGame.com. “The Voice of the Admirals
” Pete Michaud
will host the show from Scope along with Corporate Sales Manager Dennis McEwen
. If you have questions for the show, dial (757) 490-2750.
ADMIRALS VALUE NIGHTS
The Admirals return to Scope on Tuesday night to face off against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins in another Weekday Value Night. The game will once again feature Family Fun Packs and Student Rush Nights.
Family Fun Packs
include four discounted Red Level Tickets for just $48 plus four free hot dogs, four free popcorns and four free sodas. Fans get all of that for just $48 – that’s a savings of $37!
Student Rush Nights
provide $8 White Level Tickets (normally $12) for high school and college students with a valid current high school or college ID. In addition, when you buy a Student Rush Night Ticket, you get a buy-one, get-one free offer for the next Student Rush Night.
Family Fun Packs are available at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 or online at Ticketmaster.com. Student Rush Night Tickets are available ONLY at the Scope Box Office after 2:00 p.m. on the day of the game.
PINK IN THE RINK TO BENEFIT SUSAN G. KOMEN FOR THE CURE
The Norfolk Admirals and the Tidewater Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure will hold their fifth annual “ Pink in the Rink
” event at the Admirals game against the Connecticut Whale at Scope on Saturday night at 7:15 p.m. This popular event where the ice is dyed pink will seek to educate and raise awareness about breast cancer while also raising monies for Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Educating women and men about the importance of early breast cancer detection is one of the primary goals of the event. Recent polls have shown that most individuals are unaware of the causes of or risks for breast cancer. Game attendees will learn about local programs, support groups and how they can decrease their risk.
Special $12 Red Level Tickets will be available for advance purchase with a portion of proceeds being donated to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Tickets may be purchased through the Tidewater Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure online at komentidewater.org
or by calling (757) 490-7794. The deadline to purchase these special discounted fundraising tickets is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 13th.
In addition, tickets for groups of 10 or more people may also be ordered in advance by calling the Admirals at (757) 640-1212. Group tickets must be purchased by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 12th.
Regular-priced tickets will be available after these deadlines at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 or online at ticketmaster.com.
Events leading up to and during the game include a breast cancer informational session, survivor participation during game night, "Hockey 101" and a silent auction for player-autographed items. The "Hockey 101" will be held starting at 6:15 p.m. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis for "Hockey 101."
Goals: Cory Conacher
Assists: Trevor Smith
Points: Trevor Smith
Games: Carter Ashton
, Trevor Smith
PP goals: Cory Conacher
SH Goals: J.T. Wyman
+/- Rating: Mark Barberio
, Trevor Smith
PIM: Radko Gudas
GAA: Dustin Tokarski
Spct: Dustin Tokarski
Wins: Dustin Tokarski
Losses: Dustin Tokarski
GPl: Dustin Tokarski
Minutes: Dustin Tokarski
Goals: Eric Tangradi
Assists: Colin McDonald
Points: Colin McDonald
Games: Bryan Lerg
PP goals: Eric Tangradi
SH Goals: Bryan Lerg
+/- Rating: Colin McDonald
PIM: Geoff Walker
GAA: Scott Munroe
Spct: Scott Munroe
Wins: Brad Thiessen
Losses: Brad Thiessen
GPI: Brad Thiessen
Minutes: Brad Thiessen
Goals: Kris Newbury
Assists: Jonathan Audy-Marchessault
, Kris Newbury
Points: Kris Newbury
Games: Jonathan Audy-Marchessault
, Jordan Owens
, Andreas Thuresson
PP goals: Andre Deveaux
+/- Rating: Carl Hagelin
PIM: Stu Bickel
GAA: Chad Johnson
Spct: Chad Johnson
Wins: Chad Johnson
Losses: Cameron Talbot
GPI: Chad Johnson
Minutes: Chad Johnson
TRANSACTIONS OF THE PAST WEEK
January 6, 2012
ADD D Evan Oberg
– Returned on loan by Tampa Bay (NHL)
DELETE LW Pierre-Cedric Labrie
– Recalled from loan by Tampa Bay (NHL)
Individual tickets are now on sale for all Admirals regular season home games at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
Don’t miss a minute of Admirals action by purchasing your 2011-12 season tickets or 10-packs today. Stop by the Admirals’ Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com
anytime for more details or to purchase your tickets!
ON THE RADIO/INTERNET
All regular season games will air live on "The Game" 102.1-FM, 1490-AM and online at 1021TheGame.com
. AHL Live will also carry online video of every Admirals game on a pay-per-view or season pass basis. Fans can log in to watch, listen or get more information about AHL Live’s online audio and video features at ahllive.com