– After stretching their winning streak to season-high six games last weekend, the Norfolk Admirals return to the road for a three-game, three-night trip against East Division opponents this weekend.
Last Wednesday night in Pennsylvania, Dustin Tokarski
made 24 saves as the Admirals shut out the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, 4-0
. On Friday night at Scope, seven different Admirals scored a goal while fourteen Admirals recorded points as Norfolk defeated the Syracuse Crunch, 7-4
. The following night, Norfolk used a pair of goals in the third period and a Michel Ouellet
goal in the ninth round of the shootout to skate away with their sixth consecutive win – a 3-2 victory over the Crunch
The Admirals now hit the road for three games beginning tomorrow night in Binghamton. Norfolk will travel to Hershey on Saturday and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Sunday before returning to Scope next Wednesday night.
The Admirals (33-18-1-2, 69 points, 54 games) are currently tied with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (31-16-2-5, 69 points, 54 games) for first place in the East Division and second place in the Eastern Conference. The Admirals trail the St. John's IceCaps (33-13-5-1, 72 points, 52 games) by three points for the top record in the Eastern Conference. The Hershey Bears (29-16-4-5, 67 points, 54 games) trail Norfolk and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton by two points in the East Division. Rounding out the East Division are the Syracuse Crunch (21-23-4-4, 50 points, 52 games) and Binghamton Senators (21-29-2-1, 45 points, 53 games).
Eight teams in each conference shall qualify for the 2012 Calder Cup Playoffs. Following the conclusion of each team's 76-game regular season, the three division winners in each conference will be seeded first through third (in order of regular-season points) and the next five best teams (in order of regular-season points) will be seeded fourth through eighth. Click here for complete AHL standings
THE ADMIRALS’ WEEK AHEAD
Fri., Feb 24 … at Binghamton Senators (Ottawa Senators) … 7:05 p.m.
Sat., Feb 25 … at Hershey Bears (Washington Capitals) … 7:00 p.m.
Sat., Feb 18 … at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (Pittsburgh Penguins) … 3:05 p.m.
PAIR OF TRADES LAND TWO NEW ADMIRALS
- Norfolk's current six-game winning streak is tied for the third-longest winning streak in AHL Admirals history and is the longest since a seven-game winning streak from October 13 – November 1, 2006.
- The longest winning streak in AHL Admirals history is an eight-game winning streak from March 15-29, 2002.
- During Norfolk's current six-game winning streak, 17 of 18 skaters have recorded at least one point and all 18 skaters have plus-1 or better plus/minus rating.
- Cory Conacher (4g, 4a) and Tyler Johnson (3g, 5a) lead the Admirals with eight points each during the winning streak. Conacher and Pierre-Cedric Labrie lead the team with four goals each.
- Dustin Tokarski is riding a personal four-game winning streak dating back to February 10 against Adirondack, with a 4-0-0 record, two shutouts, a 1.75 goals-against average and a .920 save percentage.
- Jaroslav Janus has posted a 2-0-0 record, 1.44 goals-against average and .945 save percentage during the winning streak.
- Tyler Johnson (2g, 3a), Mark Barberio (1g, 3a) and Ondrej Palat (1g, 3a) all have three-game point/assist streaks entering Friday night’s game.
- Pierre-Cedric Labrie saw his career-best seven-game point streak (5g, 3a) come to an end in Saturday night’s contest vs. Syracuse.
- Trevor Smith’s four-game point streak (3g, 4a) was snapped on Saturday night.
- Saturday's win over Syracuse was the first shootout win for the Admirals at Scope since February 25, 2011 (4-3 win over Charlotte).
- Norfolk has the most wins (4) and points (8) on the road against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton in a single season in AHL Admirals history. With a win in the final regular season game at the Mohegan Sun Arena on Sunday, Norfolk would post a 5-0-0-0 record on the road against the Penguins in 2011-12.
Last Saturday night, the Tampa Bay Lightning acquired forward Jon Kalinski
from the Philadelphia Flyers as part of a trade. Kalinski
has been assigned to the Admirals. In 40 games with the Adirondack Phantoms this season, Kalinski posted nine goals and 12 points. A two-way forward, Kalinski will wear #40 with the Admirals.
Earlier this week, the Lightning acquired former Admirals forward Brandon Segal
from the Chicago Blackhawks. In a related move, the Admirals traded Matt Fornataro
to the Rockford IceHogs. Segal
has been assigned to the Admirals. In 53 games with the IceHogs, Segal posted 13 goals and 25 points. Segal, who was Rockford's captain, will once again wear #26 with Norfolk. In 91 games with the Admirals between the 2007-08 and 2008-09 seasons, Segal posted 33 goals and 67 points.
TRADING CARD GIVEAWAY NEXT FRIDAY
The first 2,000 fans through the gates on Friday, March 2, will receive the final set of 2011-12 Admirals trading cards.
POST-GAME SKATE NEXT SATURDAY
On Saturday, March 3, the Admirals will hold their fifth post-game skate of the season where fans can skate at Scope with their favorite Admirals following the game. A limited number of skates will be available or fans may bring their own skates.
Goals: Cory Conacher
Assists: Mark Barberio
Points: Cory Conacher
Games: Carter Ashton
, Cory Conacher
, Tyler Johnson
PP goals: Cory Conacher
SH Goals: Mike Kostka
, J.T. Wyman
+/- Rating: Trevor Smith
PIM: Radko Gudas
GAA: Dustin Tokarski
Spct: Dustin Tokarski
Wins: Dustin Tokarski
Losses: Dustin Tokarski
GPl: Dustin Tokarski
Minutes: Dustin Tokarski
Goals: Andre Petersson
Assists: Corey Locke
Points: Mike Hoffman
Games: Pat Cannone
, Wacey Hamilton
, Mike Hoffman
PP goals: Mike Hoffman
SH Goals: Jim O'Brien
+/- Rating: Tim Conboy
PIM: Francis Lessard
GAA: Mike McKenna
Spct: Mike McKenna
Wins: Mike McKenna
Losses: Robin Lehner
GPI: Mike McKenna
Minutes: Mike McKenna
Goals: Chris Bourque
Assists: Keith Aucoin
Points: Chris Bourque
Games: Jacob Micflikier
PP goals: Jacob Micflikier
SH Goals: Chris Bourque
+/- Rating: Boyd Kane
PIM: Joel Rechlicz
GAA: Braden Holtby
Spct: Braden Holtby
Wins: Braden Holtby
Losses: Braden Holtby
GPI: Braden Holtby
Minutes: Braden Holtby
Goals: Bryan Lerg
Assists: Colin McDonald
Points: Bryan Lerg
Games: Bryan Lerg
PP goals: Geoff Walker
SH Goals: Bryan Lerg
+/- Rating: Colin McDonald
PIM: Geoff Walker
GAA: Scott Munroe
Spct: Scott Munroe
Wins: Brad Thiessen
Losses: Brad Thiessen
GPI: Brad Thiessen
Minutes: Brad Thiessen
TRANSACTIONS OF THE PAST WEEK
February 21, 2012
ADD RW Brandon Segal
– Loaned from Tampa Bay (NHL)
DELETE RW Matt Fornataro
– Traded to Rockford (AHL)
DELETE C Mike Angelidis
– Recalled from loan by Tampa Bay (NHL)
February 20, 2012
DELETE C Trevor Smith
– Recalled from loan by Tampa Bay (NHL)
February 18, 2012
ADD LW Jonathon Kalinski
– Loaned from Tampa Bay (NHL)
Individual tickets for all regular season games start at just $12. Tickets are available now at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
Admirals 10-Packs for the 2011-12 season remain available for as little as $110. You may also reserve your 2012-13 season tickets with a deposit of as little as $100 per seat today. Stop by the Admirals’ Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com
ON THE RADIO/INTERNET
All regular season games will air live on "The Game" 102.1-FM, 1490-AM and online at 1021TheGame.com
. AHL Live will also carry online video of every Admirals game on a pay-per-view or season pass basis. Fans can log in to watch, listen or get more information about AHL Live’s online audio and video features at ahllive.com